From freelance soldiers of fortune to grunts of a military charter, there are mercenaries from all walks of life across the universe. It is a good life of adventure for most travellers, and for those fortunate enough to survive a long enough, wealth, fame and adventure is almost certainly assured. Of course, there is always the chance the mercenary dies a horrible death fighting a battle they never should have joined – but that is just a hazard of the job.
This all new edition of Book 1: Mercenary provides a great many rules and revisions suitable for all ground-based combat in any Traveller campaign. With this book, you wil be able to;
* Recruit squads, platoons, companies and entire armies from across the stars to create your own force of mercenaries.
* Engage in massed battles between these forces using a new system that is just as quick as combat between individual characters!
* Take your character through university and higher education before embarking on a career.
* Wield the all new Destructive weaponry to annihilate any foe you meet on the battlefield, while using forward observers to rain artillery and orbital fire down upon them.
* Use the all new ticket system to pick up mercenary contracts and earn massive amounts of Credits.
* Build strongholds, fortresses and bunker complexes, and then engage in sieges and assaults to destroy them.
* Learn the secrets of bulk-buying huge amounts of weapons at a discount, and pick up some new vehicles designed specifically for mercenaries along the way.
* Apply the new gun combat skills and revisions to your games for a greatly enhanced battle experience.